An electric bike is a special kind of bicycle that has a little motor to help you when you ride. You can pedal it like a normal bike or use the motor to make going up hills. E-bikes are not only good for the environment but also help you move around while making your body stronger and not polluting the air. E-bikes are helpful for people who live in hilly places or have trouble moving around. These are like a modern way to travel.
We have already shortlisted some Electric bikes, so you can take a quick look at all the best options available in the market right now. However, before you decide to buy one, make sure to confirm a few things like: Riding Modes, Battery Life, Wattage of an electric bike.
To find how to choose the best Electric Bike, we recommend checking out our “Buying Guide”. Additionally, we have lined up detailed reviews of the shortlisted products below for your reference.
Best Electric Bikes Table
Best Electric Bikes Reviews
Our list will start with Ancheer which is a renowned name for developing fitness and health-related products. The high quality of its products along with an affordable price tag automatically grabs the attention of the consumers. Their products are consumer-friendly too, hence eliminating any professional experience to use their bikes.
The Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike is lightweight. It has a frame made up of aviation-grade aluminum alloy that adds strength to the bike. The bike is powered by a 350 Watt electric motor which is powerful enough to run the bike at speeds up to 20 MPH. Speaking about the range, the 374.4 Wh battery offers a good range of over 40 miles on a single charge, eliminating the need of charging frequently.
The 21-gear transmission system of this electric bike can be switched into different types of riding modes. The throttling mode activates the motor and the bike runs without pedaling. The pedal assist mode helps you pedal with little push from the motor. A boost mode for instant overtakes is also available. The front suspension setup paired with carbon steel forks helps the bikes in off-road conditions. For safety, rear and front brakes are disc brakes that reduce the stopping distance.
- Suitable for any type of road conditions
- The bike comes pre-assembled and replacement of the parts is easy thanks to the connector design
- 1-year warranty on the electric parts
- Absence of a real wheel suspension setup
Swagtron a foldable electric bike designed for adults. This versatile bike boasts a 250W motor that effortlessly propels you to speeds of up to 15 mph. This battery lets you ride for a good distance – up to 15.5 miles. The bike can change its gears in 5 different ways. This helps you ride comfortably on different types of roads, like bumpy or flat ones. The foldable design adds to its practicality, allowing you to store it compactly when not in use. These tires make your ride really comfy and smooth.
The bike’s seat and handlebar can be changed to fit you just right. You can make them higher or lower, like finding the best seat on a comfy couch. The bike’s UL-certified battery offers peace of mind, ensuring a reliable and secure ride.
It is made of metal called aluminum. This metal makes the bike tough and able to last a long time. It reaches a top speed of 15 mph in pedal-assist mode and 17 mph in throttle mode. It has guarantee for one whole year.
- The bike’s top speed of 15 mph provides a good balance.
- The folding design enables compact storage, perfect for small apartments or limited spaces.
- The inclusion of disc brakes and UL-certified battery highlights the focus on rider safety.
- It is not be sufficient for longer commutes or extended rides.
- The battery takes 4-5 hours to charge fully, which might require planning for longer rides.
Heybike’s entry into the electric bike market was different. The owners of Heybike wanted to solve their daily commute problems and ended up designing solutions for the people with the same problems. Being a consumer focussed brand, their electric bikes are easy to ride and come with an affordable price tag.
The Heybike Mars Electric Bike is a compact electric bike solely designed for daily commuting in busy cities. The bike comes with a powerful 500 Watts motor which is capable of providing sudden acceleration, a much-needed feature in urban traffic conditions. To assist such a powerful motor, the 48V 15 Ah battery can provide a range of 55 miles, combined with pedal assistance. The 7-speed Shimano gears help attain speeds up to 20 mph easily.
The lightweight aluminum frame is foldable and hence can be stored easily. The front wheel, as well as the rear seat suspension, helps in absorbing the uneven bumps on the road. The 20-
inch fat tires sit on alloy wheels and offer great maneuverability even in off-road conditions. A multi-color display provides the necessary details like battery status, speed, etc.
- Easy to store and assemble
- Suitable for the city as well as off-road conditions. Also capable of running in the snow
- Can bear the weight of an adult
- The less charging time needed
- Improved safety with disc brakes
- Riding height is only suitable for people between 5.3 to 6.3 inches in height
NAKTO Electric Bike has a strong 350W motor that makes you go fast – up to 20 miles per hour! The 36V10.4Ah lithium-ion battery, easily removable, goes the extra mile, offering a range of up to 38 miles. Those extended rides are easy, and the recharge time of 3 to 5 hours.
The Shimano 6-speed gear system adds a touch of versatility. If you like pedaling on your own, it can do that too. A basket is included to carry essential things! It can handle up to 250 lbs. If you really like to go on adventures, this bike is great for you. It can go quite far without needing a recharge.
In one way, it can go from 20 to 25 miles, and in another way, it can go from 30 to 38 miles. The high-quality carbon steel frame and front fork promise durability without sacrificing comfort. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Long Battery Life.
- Gear system and riding modes offer adaptability to various riding conditions.
- The high-quality carbon steel frame guarantees both durability and riding comfort.
- Occasional maintenance might be required to ensure optimal performance.
Jasion Electric Bike helps you go fast up to 20 miles per hour! Unleash the thrill of conquering hills with ease, thanks to its robust capabilities. This battery lets you ride for a long way – up to 40 miles!
The bike can change gears easily with its special system. This helps you ride comfortably on different roads – like going up hills or riding on flat paths. It has four different ways to ride. In one way, it helps you pedal, it moves by itself, where you pedal on your own, gives you extra speed. You can pick which one you like!
Staying safe and comfy is really important. It has strong front parts to absorb bumps, tough tires that don’t get holes easily, and brakes that work well. It looks simple and light, but it’s really strong. It’s easy to carry around because it’s not heavy. It has the weight capacity of 264 lbs, this bike accommodates a wide range of riders.
The battery takes about 5 to 6 hours to get full. It is good at going far. In one way, it can go from 25 to 40 miles. In another way, it can go from 35 to 40 miles. It is reassuring 1-year warranty from Jasion.
- The motor helps you ride fast and easily, even on hills.
- The gear system makes it easy to ride on all kinds of paths
- The different modes allow you to ride the way you prefer, whether you want help or want to pedal on your own.
- The range can vary depending on the mode you choose, which might affect longer rides.
- Some maintenance might be needed to keep it in top shape.
Sailnovo being a new entrant in the electric bike market quickly adapted its product lineup to the needs of the consumers. Premium craftsmanship is easily noticeable in their products which automatically grabs the attention of consumers. Since compact electric bikes are getting popular among urban commuters, the next product is developed keeping compactness in mind.
The Sailnovo Electric Bikes follow the compact design language of Sailnovo. It is powered by a powerful 350 Watt electric motor. The power requirements of this motor are fulfilled by the 36 Volt 10.4 Ah Li-ion battery. The battery gives a maximum range of 28 miles on pure electric mode while the pedal assist mode gives an increased 45 miles of range.
The frame of this electric bike is foldable yet it is strong enough to bear a load of 120 kg. The bike is provided with three different modes which adapt to the required performance of the bike. The top speed of 18.6 mph helps you reach your destination in less time. The adjustable height helps the rider position better on the bike and the center suspension adds comfort to the journey. The 14-inch tires are good for handling while the dual disc brakes ensure a safe riding experience. The bright LED helps in the night or low light conditions.
- The bike can be used at night thanks to the bright LED light on the front
- Can be folded into small sizes for storing/transporting in a small space
- Suitable for medium height riders (from 4.10 to 5.1 ft height)
- Not suitable for offroading or unpaved roads
- The bikes feel congested for riders with heights above 6 ft
Totguard has been involved with the electric bike market for a decade now. The aim of this brand was simple, to solve the barriers between humans and electric mobility. The constant development of their products helped them earn the customer’s trust over the years.
The Totguard Electric Bike is specifically designed for adults. The bike is powered by a 350 Watt motor. The durable aluminum frame adds strength to the bikes with reduced weight compared to the steel frames. The 21-gear Shimano transmission offers three different modes of speed and helps the bike attain a top speed of 19.8 mph. The removable battery is also IP54 waterproof rated and offers a maximum range of 50-60 miles.
For improved handling in off-road/gravel conditions, the front suspension can be locked to limit the compression rate of the spring. To enhance the view at night, the LED light at the front comes in handy. Multiple data about the ride like battery percentage, speed, mileage, etc is provided on an LCD screen. The 26-inch tires take care of maneuvering through sharp turns.
- Light in weight
- High load bearing capacity of 135 kg
- Easy to assemble
- The suspension lockable feature might trouble non-professional riders
With an aim toward energy-efficient transportation, Miclon has been developing electric bikes. The reliability offered by their bikes is a result of constant changes in the bike’s design. Promising innovation to the consumers, Miclon surely knows what the market needs.
The Miclon Cybertrack 100 Electric Bike comes under the mountain bike category. This bike sports a powerful 350 Watt Bafang motor which is capable of providing constant power to the wheels. The removable 36 Volt 10.4 Ah battery easily fulfills the power needs of the electric motor and offers a maximum range of 30-37 miles on a single charge. The battery is IPX4 rated and also supports fast charging which decreases the charging time.
The 21-speed transmission system offers 3 different riding modes and helps the bike attain a top speed of 20 mph. For comfort, the bike’s front suspension adapts to the road conditions easily. The aluminum alloy frames are aircraft grade and hence withstand any type of shocks while riding. The big 26-inch tires, assisted with disc brakes, help in handling the bike and stops easily compared to the drum brakes.
- Suitable for short riders
- Can be used on city roads, gravels, off roads, etc
- The battery charging time is less
- The overall weight of the bike is lighter than the competitors
- Might feel small and congested for riders with heights more than 5.8 ft
Segway Ninebot Kids Bike aged 5 to 10. If you’re looking for a bike that’s safe, comfy, and totally stylish, this is the one. The aluminum frame makes it super light, so my kiddo can handle it all on their own. It can make every ride feel like a smooth adventure, even if the road is bumpy.
The inflatable mountain tires. They grip the road and make each ride comfy, whether it’s on pavement or dirt trails. And the adjustable saddle, it is like a custom seat that my kid can set just right for their perfect ride.
Assembling the bike was easy, which meant my little one was out exploring in no time. The bike can handle up to 100 lbs. Segway’s come with a 1-year warranty. So, whether it’s riding around the block or joining our family adventures.
- The disc brakes offer dependable stopping power, enhancing safety for young riders.
- The kickstand makes it simple for kids to park their bikes wherever they go.
- The bike’s weight capacity and construction provide stability and durability for various adventures.
- The bike is designed for children aged 5 to 10, which might not be suitable for older kids.
- The shock-absorbing suspension offers comfort on rough terrains, extreme off-road conditions might still be challenging.
Hiboy BK1 Electric Balance Bike for kids aged 3 to 5. If you’re searching for a way to make moving around super fun and easy. It has adjustable seat! It’s like having a custom-fit bike that grows with your child. Every ride becomes a smooth adventure with the 12-inch air-filled tires. The twist throttle is the easiest way for them to zip around. Safety is top-notch with the front V brake, rear e-brake, anti-slip grips, and fixed pedals.
Setting it is easy. Battery charges up in just 3-4 hours, so the fun doesn’t have to wait long. In throttle mode, they can hit 9 mph, it has a range of 6.2 miles. Made from tough alloy steel. And comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The adjustable seat ensures a comfortable fit, accommodating kids as they grow.
- With a range of up to 6.2 miles, the bike allows for extended playtime and exploration.
- The twist throttle simplifies operation, making it accessible and enjoyable for young riders.
- The short 3-4 hour charging time allows kids to get back to riding swiftly.
It might be restrictive for longer outdoor adventures
Buying Guide For Electric Bikes
1. Riding Modes
Electric bikes have various riding modes to choose how much motor help you get. Common modes include:
- Pedal Assist: Motor boosts when you pedal, with adjustable power.
- Throttle: Twist the handlebar throttle to control speed without pedaling.
- Combination: Some bikes let you use both pedal assist and throttle.
- Off: Turns off the motor, making it a regular bike.
The occasionally used modes are typically used for specific purposes. Eco mode is often used for long rides, Tour mode is often used for moderate rides, and Sport mode is often used for short rides or for hills. Cruise control is often used for hands-free riding or for conserving battery power.
2. Miles Range
An electric bike’s mileage range is how far it can go on one charge. This varies due to factors like battery size, rider weight, terrain, and assistance level. Bigger batteries give more range, but heavier riders and uphill rides reduce it. Using less assistance and pedal mode when needed helps. Most e-bikes go 20-40 miles on average, but some can go up to 100 miles. For longer range, pick a model with a big battery and light frame. Avoid hills and high speeds to go farther on a single charge.
Ex: If we consider an Electric bike with 360Wh battery capacity and 350W motor you can expect the following sets of ranges for different Riding Modes.
Miles Range (Estimated)
Rider uses the throttle without pedaling; high speed, shortest range
Pedal Assist Mode
Rider pedals with adjustable motor assistance; longer range, limited speed
Lowest pedal assist, longest range with some pedaling required
Moderate pedal assist for balanced range and speed
High pedal assist for best speed; shorter range but suitable for fast riding
3. Battery Life
E-bikes with bigger batteries last longer. Lithium-ion batteries are best, lasting more. Heavier riders get less battery life, and hills or high speeds use it up faster. Using less assistance, like pedal mode when needed, makes the battery last longer. Most e-bikes go around 20-40 miles per charge, but some can go up to 100 miles. For a longer battery life, choose a model with a big battery and light frame. To save battery, avoid hills and high speeds.
4. Motor Types & Wattage
a. Motor Types
Electric bike motors come in different types.
- Mid-Drive Motors are strong and feel natural because they help when you pedal, but they’re pricier and harder to put on.
- Hub Motors are cheaper and easier to install, but they’re not as strong or efficient. Some hub motors have gears:
- Direct-Drive Hub Motors lack gears, boosting efficiency but increasing noise.
- Geared Hub Motors use gears for lower speed, higher torque, and quieter operation. Choose mid-drive for power, hub motors for cost and ease.
Most e-bikes use motors ranging from 250 to 750 watts. 250W motors are common for basic models, being efficient but weaker on steep hills. 350W strikes a balance between power and efficiency. 500W is for more speed and uphill strength, reaching 20 mph. High-end bikes offer 750W motors for tough terrains and 28 mph speeds. Motor wattage depends on assistance level; more throttle or pedal help means higher wattage and more battery use. Choose based on your needs: 250W for simple commutes, 350W/500W for hills or loads, and 750W for speed and tough terrain.
5. No. of Speeds & Max. Speed
a. No. of Speeds
Electric bikes have different speeds or gears that change how hard it is to pedal. Gears help when riding on different terrains or wanting to go faster or slower. Most e-bikes have 7 to 21 speeds. Choose based on your riding: a few speeds are fine for flat areas, but more speeds are better for hills and varied terrains.
b. Max. Speed:
An electric bike’s top speed is its fastest pace. It depends on motor power, battery size, bike weight, and rider weight. Stronger motors and bigger batteries mean higher speeds. Heavier bikes and riders can slow it down. Laws also set limits; most US e-bikes go up to 20 mph, but Class 3 e-bikes can reach 28 mph. For a fast e-bike, get a model with a strong motor and big battery. Remember local laws – your e-bike’s speed might need to stay within legal limits.
6. Suspension Type
An electric bike’s suspension is its way of soaking up bumps on the road. There are three types:
- Front Suspension: Common on most e-bikes, with a bouncy fork at the front.
- Rear Suspension: Some off-road e-bikes have a shock absorber at the back.
- Full Suspension: Top-quality e-bikes use both front and rear suspension for the most comfort and control.
7. Weight Capacity
An electric bike’s weight capacity is how much it can safely carry, including you, stuff, and extras. It depends on frame, suspension, and motor. Strong frames and suspensions, plus powerful motors, mean higher weight capacity. Your weight matters most. Heavier riders need bikes with higher capacity. Cargo and extras add weight too, so think about them. E-bikes usually handle around 220-300 pounds. But some can take 400 pounds or more.
Electric bikes use various materials based on components and cost. Common ones are:
- Frame: Made from aluminum (lightweight and affordable), steel (durable but heavy), or carbon fiber (lightest and strongest but expensive).
- Motor: Built with copper (efficient but costly) or aluminum (less efficient but cheaper).
- Battery: Usually lithium-ion (lightweight, long-lasting).
- Wheels: Aluminum (common, light, affordable) or carbon fiber (lighter, stronger, costlier).
- Suspension: Crafted from steel (durable but heavy) or aluminum (less durable, lighter, cheaper).
Electric Bikes – FAQs
Ans: Most electric bikes do not charge when you pedal. They need their batteries to be plugged into a power outlet to be powered. However, some models offer the possibility of charging while you pedal, although this is often very inefficient.
Ans: You can operate your electric bike with the throttle and reach speeds up to twenty MPH. Pedaling is still encouraged, though—and likely necessary for higher speeds and steeper inclines. But if you’re on a flat surface and just want to coast, you can definitely do so without pedaling.
Ans: The range of an electric bike depends on factors like the battery capacity, terrain, rider’s weight, and level of assistance used. On average, e-bikes can travel anywhere from 20 to 80 miles (32 to 128 km) on a single charge.
Ans: There are various types of electric bikes to suit different preferences and purposes, including city commuter e-bikes, mountain e-bikes, folding e-bikes, and more.
Ans: Yes, you can ride an electric bike like a regular bicycle even if the battery runs out. The added weight of the motor and battery might make pedaling a bit harder, but it’s still possible to ride without the electric assistance.
Ans: Electric bikes usually come with a charger specifically designed for their battery. It’s essential to use the provided charger to ensure proper charging and battery health.
Electric bikes stand as a favored transportation choice, offering a multitude of advantages. They embody eco-friendliness, contrasting with cars, while simultaneously promoting physical activity. Financial savings on transportation expenses become feasible, and they prove to be an excellent commuting solution for both work and academic pursuits.
- Our Overall Recommendation, the ANCHEER Electric Bike. This bike has the most powerful 500Watt electrical motor. The motor is assisted with a removable 48 Volt battery which can give a maximum range of 40 miles. The bike can attain a top speed of 20 mph thanks to the class-leading gear transmission. The bike can go offroad thanks to the 26-inch fat wheels and the dual suspension setup on the front wheel. It has professional 21 speed gears. The LCD provides the necessary data. It has the load capacity of 265 Pounds.
- The Budget Friendly electric bike, the NAKTO Electric Bike comes to the rescue. It is one of the highest-range offering bikes on the list, with a maximum range of 45 to 60 miles on the pedal assist. The removable batteries work efficiently with the 350-Watt motor to achieve this range. The 6 Speed gear helps the bike ride in 3 different modes and achieve a top speed of 18 – 22 mph. The 26-inch wheels help the bike travel through any type of road. The bikes can easily carry loads up to 250 Pounds.
- The last option is for Kids, this electric bike is not heavily priced Segway Electric Bike is the perfect example. It is comfortable for 5 – 10 years children. It has a single speed along with 18-inch wheel size. The height of the Bike is extendable from 3.9” – 4.9”. The frame is made with the material of Aluminium and it has the front and Rear suspensions. It is easy to carry to anywhere.