Apple devices like the iPhone and the iMac are known for supporting the excellent Apple ecosystem. And if you are not familiar with the same, it simply means that all Apple devices are connected seamlessly. This means that if you want to transfer files from one device to another, you can easily do it using an iPhone with an iMac.
However, if you use a PC and an iPhone, things can be quite difficult even when you just want to transfer music. Thus, we have a detailed guide on transferring music from PC to iPhone. You can go through this guide till the end to find some of the best ways to transfer music from PC to iPhone.
Transferring Music From PC to iPhone
If you want to transfer music from your PC to your iPhone, then the chances are that you would want to get the same done right away. So, here are the 3 best ways to transfer music from PC to iPhone:
1. Transferring Music From PC to iPhone Using MobileTrans
While the Apple iPhone allows you to transfer music using iTunes, the process can be quite difficult. So, if you want to transfer music from PC to iPhone without iTunes, then you should consider using MobileTrans as given here:
- First, download and install MobileTrans on your iPhone and your PC to get started.
- Once everything is set up, connect your iPhone to your PC and open MobileTrans.
- Here, go to the Phone Transfer tab and click on the Import to Phone option.
- Then, head over to the Music section present in the left hand side and select all the music tracks you want to transfer.
- Finally, click on Import to transfer music from PC to iPhone without any issues successfully.
2. Transferring Music From PC to iPhone Using iTunes
Whether you already have iTunes installed on your PC or don’t want to try other third-party apps, then you can also use iTunes to transfer music from PC to iPhone. For the same, you can follow the given steps one by one:
- Start by connecting your iPhone to your PC and wait for iTunes to launch on your computer.
- Once in iTunes, click on File and select Add File to Library.
- Then, go to the Music section present on the left-hand side.
- Now, click on Sync Music and select Entire Music Library before clicking on Apply.
- After that, you can go to the Apple Music app on your phone and head over to the Library to find all of the music files transferred from your PC to your iPhone.
3. Transferring Music From PC to iPhone Without iTunes
Even though we have already mentioned two of the most seamless ways to transfer music from PC to iPhone, you still might be looking for other third-party ways to do this. Thankfully, you can do this using either of the following workarounds for transferring music from PC to iPhone without iTunes:
- Cloud Storage: A great way to transfer music from PC to iPhone is to use a cloud storage app like Dropbox. For this, you must first upload music files from your PC to your Dropbox account. Then, you must use the Dropbox app on your iPhone to download these music tracks using cloud storage.
- Streaming Apps: Another great way to get music on your iPhone is not to transfer them at all. Instead, you can use streaming apps like Spotify or Soundcloud on your iPhone to stream and listen to music on your iPhone using your internet connection for completely free. This way, your music won’t even fill up your iPhone’s storage which can be an issue of its own.
Transfer Music from PC to iPhone – FAQs
Ans: If you are looking forward to downloading music files from a preferred website, you are out of luck since it is quite difficult to download music on an iPhone. While there are third party apps out there which will allow you to do this, you cannot download music on an iPhone by default.
Ans: In case you already have a music library on your computer or any other device and you want to upload it to your iPhone, then you will need to use either iTunes or some other cloud storage app for it. While iTunes will directly add music to the Apple Music app, a cloud storage app will require you to first upload and then download your music tracks.
Ans: Those of you who want to keep offline music tracks on your iPhone without paying for the same will find the same quite difficult since the iPhone doesn’t allow you to download songs easily. You can still load free music tracks using apps like MobileTrans or iPhone.
Ans: While adding music from iTunes to your iPhone is free, Apple Music itself does not offer any free-to-use music streaming plans. Instead, you will need to use third-party music streaming apps as mentioned earlier. You can go with apps like Spotify to stream music for free on your iPhone.
Even though Apple iPhones offer all kinds of features, which makes them some of the best smartphones out there, Apple iPhones are known to be quite restrictive and limited in terms of their software features. To make you switch to the Apple ecosystem, Apple has locked down their iPhones quite well, which can make it quite difficult to use them with a Windows PC.
As a result, if you want to do something as simple as transfer music from your PC to an iPhone, it can be quite a challenge. Fortunately, we have already given a detailed guide on transferring music from PC to iPhone above. And if this has allowed you to transfer music from PC to iPhone, leave your thoughts and suggestions below.