Are you passionate about inspiring change, improving software quality and ensuring customers have the best experience? NVIDIA is seeking a creative, passionate and hands-on software engineer with a test to failure attitude who is a quick learner, can understand software and hardware specifications, build reliable test plans and tools to improve quality and accelerate delivery of NVIDIA products.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a software engineer on the team, you will take part in technical design and implementation of Automated tests and tools for NVIDIA software products with the goal to identify defects early in the software development lifecycle. In this role you can expect to:
- Initiate and drive test strategies and test plan design for new features. Review and maintain the test plan.
- Execute manual and automated tests, analyze results, identify and report defects during release cycles
- Develop Automated tests for NVIDIA’s device driver software mainly on Windows and Linux Distributions running in virtualized environment.
- Rigorously drive test automation initiative. Build innovative ways to automate and expand our software testing.
- Expose defects and constraints; Isolate and debug the issue(s) and find the root cause; Contribute to the solution and drive to closure.
- Develop applications and tools that accelerate development and test workflows
- Write fast, effective, maintainable, reliable, and detailed code with proper documentation
- Provide peer code reviews including feedback on performance, scalability and correctness
- You will have the opportunity to work on challenging technical and process issues
- Work closely with leadership to report progress by generating effective and actionable reports
What We Need To See
- Degree in Computer/IT/Electronics engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- At least 2 years of programming (Object Oriented) experience in application development using C#, .NET, and Python.
- Design, development and maintenance of automation framework for applications on Windows and/or Linux platforms.
- Fundamental understanding of SQL and relational databases with proven skill in writing SQL queries.
- Should have worked with version control tools like Git/Perforce and code review tools.
- Skilled at debugging issues and have experience using debugging tools like WinDBG/gdb
- Excellent teammate and should be able and willing to work with teams across different geographical regions
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Experience with cloud services/Virtualization and NVIDIA hardware a plus.
- Solid understanding of Operating systems
- Experience using and building web services for data delivery with REST APIs.